His Consulting Philosophy
The philosophy at the heart of his work is based on the premise that each individual, group, BUSINESS has the solution to his/her/its own problem and/or future – what it requires is a process of learning and “discovery” for the solution or Vision to emerge.
For over 30 years ICG Director, Ben Kehoe has worked at creating “learning organizations” – these businesses focus on delivering results for the customer, returns for the shareholder and the development of human potential at work and are responsive to the business environment.
This dream has manifested in his daily work with clients. Ben works to build sustainable businesses with a focus on strategy and strategy implementation. He encourages individuals and teams to engage in a continuous learning process. It is the key to successful strategy implementation.
Ben works with:
- Business leaders to address their deepest hopes and aspirations (and fears);
- Leadership teams to enhance their potential to address the most challenging business and personal issues – those issues that limit business performance; and
- The Chairman and the MD to focus the whole business on the strategic issues and to enable the “business community” to experience dignity security and meaning.
Ben has identified 9 important business insights:
- Productive work (and therefore business) is a potential source of dignity security and meaning for the workforce.
- New business models are emerging in this 21st Century
- Specific strategic mind sets are required to build a sustainable business
- The leadership role is to create the “space” where others can shine and to encourage the articulation of the unfolding story.
- That a team of modestly competent people will produce a better than expected outcome with the right process in place
- There is a difference between working “on the business” and working “in the business”
- The development of strategy and its implementation is an on going conversation within the leadership team – NOT an EVENT
- That a high level of intrapersonal and interpersonal awareness and skills are required to lead high performing work groups and businesses
- Wealth Creation which benefits the community is at the heart of every successful business